Total Pageviews

Wednesday 3 August 2011

London calling..

So this coming Friday, August 5th, I shall be in the HMV Forum, Kentish Town to see one of my very favorite bands. The Jayhawks. A band that's been close to my heart for many years now. Lazy journalists would call them Godfathers of the AltCountry scene. At the beginning of their career I suppose that was a handy label. Over the years though the band has evolved into a fantastic bunch of polished songwriters and performers.

I've travelled to see the band at Azkena Rocks in Vitoria, Spain and saw Gary Louris and Mark Olson as a duo in Dublin. Just listening to those two guys sing makes any travel worthwhile. Even on RyanAir.

New album, Mockingbird Time, is out in September and from what I've heard it completely endorses the band's decision to take up arms and re-enter the musical fray once again.

So, some YouTube links when I get the hang of this blog and photos to follow after the weekend.

Vaya con dios.

No comments:

Post a Comment